Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Family Vacation!!!

I know its been forever since i've posted but I finally took my camera with us somewhere! I know I will get better once our little boy arrives, you might actually get sick of too many pics!
Last weekend we headed up to Oakley, Utah for a summer vacation. It was so fun to get away for a weekend and spend time with the fam. We rented out an awesome cabin that had a huge kitchen, very nice bathrooms, and tons of sleeping space!

Ya this is my kind of camping!

We took the boats out on Friday to Rock Port Lake which was so fun! The boat above is 'old yeller' a 1973 or 1976 I can't remember...super old, somewhat ghetto looking, but hey it runs! It's actually my favorite boat not only because it was my grandpa's and we have some great memories on it, but since I'm pregnant I'm kinda nervous about doing the whole tubing thing and crashing, but in this boat you can get a pretty good ride just from being on it! haha it's great!
Jaxon especially liked the boat! Every time he got on he fell right asleep!



The boys had a bright idea of fishing with nets and left over bread and cheese! They floated a tube out in the Lake and cast their nets! Obviously they came back with nothing...duh!!!

On Saturday we took out the four-wheelers! We had enough for everyone which made it so fun, no taking turns :) The boys made a MESS of themselves before we even left the cabin!!




We found a trail in Kamas that was suppose to be a beginners trail so we all decided to give it a try...


...bad idea it ended up being 14 miles of steep hills covered in boulders!!!! It was the longest bumpiest thing I have ever been on. We eventually made it back to the trailers, everyone alive...barely! I'm just now recovering from soreness, I won't be doing a trail like that again...at least while I'm pregnant!

No comments: