Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Pregnant!!!

I am 9 weeks and 3 days today, and due sometime around December 12th. It took us awhile to figure out the best way to tell our parents but since Mother's Day was coming up we decided to hopefully keep a secret and do it then. For those of you who wanted to know how we broke the exciting news here's what we did! We wrapped a picture frame with a poem that said...

Although I am very, very small
I asked my mom and dad to call
On this wonderful Mother's Day
To share the news that I'm on the way

This frame is my gift to you
To hold my photo when I'm brand new
I'll surely see you on Christmas Day
But until then, I'll just say...

Happy Mother's Day, Grandma!

Everything worked out just perfectly! No one was expecting it and of course that made it alot more fun! It was so awesome and exciting for everyone!! I was pretty nervous mainly because I have not been sick at all so it doesn't seem quite real yet but I'm not going to complain everything seems to be going very well. I had my first doctors appt last Thurs. It was 45 minutes long and all they did is a bunch of tests and paper work! So as weird as it sounds I am really looking forward to my next appt on the 28th. Even though it's the more icky physical part, I'll be pretty close to the 2nd trimester which is so exciting!!!

12 comments:

Callan and Jaci said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thats so fun! Were you guys trying or was it a suprise? You'll be such a good lil mommy.:)

Lexie said...

I'm SO excited for you guys! That is such a cute way that you told your parents. I love it. I can't wait to see you guys again. Maybe you'll be showing. :) Congrats!

The Henry's said...

Congratulations Whitney!!! We are so happy for you guys!! You'll make the cutest parents! :)

The Oborn Family said...

CONGRATS!! Having a baby is the most overwhelmingly wonderful thing EVER!!! You two will be wonderful parents. AND YEA for not being sick - I'm jealous - but I hope all continues to go so smoothly! I am SOOOO excited for you!

Becca J said...

congrats mommy to be! :) You are going to be so cute!!!

Stefanie Bell said...

Im so EXCITED for you!! That is so cool! You will be the cutest pregnant girl ever with a cute little belly!!

Josh, JoElle, and Hailey said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you! It is a lot of fun being a mom. You maybe one of the lucky ones who doesn't get sick, but I wasn't sick until I started telling people. But I stopped being sick at 14 weeks. Good luck! This is an exciting time in your life, enjoy it.

chelsea said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys.. and what a cute way to tell your parents!

The Davis Family said...

Congratulations! THats so exciting! :) Im happy for you guys. THats so cool. You will be a good mom!

JJShepherd said...

Wahooo!!! I know taht there ar so many people excited for you about this.. but no one... and I mean NO One is as excited as ME!!! I love it!! I love the way you told your parents too... did you too come up with that poem... cause wow... you are creative!!! Whit I love ya and you are going to be a great mom... And kelly As far as I can see you are going to be a great daddy!!! Good luck and Make sure you buy a camera and video camera!!!

Mindy said...

I'm so happy you haven't been sick. It's exciting to be pregnant, but to be pregnant and not even feel pregnant (sick) is Awesome! Katie told me she ran across your blog today so I thought I'd check it out. Not you have easy access to mine:)Take care

jord and kate said...

Hey whit. I left you a message call me! congrats on your new addition to the family, i am so excited for you!